With this heat its hard to imagine that Fall is only 10 days away! But, we sure are excited for it to be here. The cool Fall weather is the perfect time to get all those little things done around the house you’ve just been putting off.
Here are some of the things we think are great to do this time of year:
- Clean out the gutters: Before the leaves fall you want to make sure your gutters are cleaned out to avoid any clogs. Your gutters protect your homes exterior and wall from thousands of gallons of water each year. Any backups could potentially cause a leak.
- Cover your faucets: I know its not freezing yet, but if you wait until those freezing cold days there will be no covers left at the hardware store. Covering your faucets will help prevent frozen or possibly even busted pipes.
- Check your detectors! Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors can save your life but only if they are working properly. Fall is a great time to change out the batteries and make sure they are functioning.
- Schedule a furnace checkup. Once the cold weather hits HVAC companies will likely be slammed with service calls. Checking for any problems now could save a lot of money and a real cold night.
- Clean up outside. For some this could be cleaning out the garage for others cutting dead branches off trees. All things that tend to be avoided in the summer due to high temperatures.
While these are certainly not all of the things that can be done they are definitely some of our favorites. Let us know if you have any favorite fall home improvement tips we didn’t mention.